Thursday 14 August 2014

Russell Blake - Three years of Writing

The experiences of a successful self published author.

Worth a read especially his comments about readers.

http://russellblake.com/three-years-come-and-gone/

"I love what I’m doing for a living. I was doing it for free for my own pleasure, and I love it even more now that I’m doing it for readers. My final words of advice for budding authors is to always keep readers at the forefront of your thoughts, and to focus on improving your craft every day, like using a muscle. If you do that, you’ve got an advantage over most of your peers, who are in this for other reasons than to tell the best story they can as well as they can. Make that your priority and you can’t go wrong, whether or not you hit the sales lottery."
 
Thanks Russell
 
Douglas

No comments:

Post a Comment