Sunday 10 August 2014

Another post response from Russell Blake

Author: Russell Blake
Comment:


... but I'm too busy writing. What I can say is the man's a consummate storyteller, and keenly in tune with pacing. And he does love his twists. He views himself as an entertainer, not a high-faluting author, which is a similarity we share. If you keep the reader in mind at all times, and constantly question why they should give a s*** about every page of every chapter, you're on the right track. If the answer is, "they shouldn't - it's not important" then it should be cut. Pretty straightforward.

See all comments on this post here:
http://russellblake.com/sad-state-of-affairs/#comments

Thanks Russell ... particularly relevant in my time of self editing ...

Douglas

Remember next meeting Tuesday 12th August 2014 19.00. My contribution starts .....


Writer’s group - Death Scenes
 
I did not sleep much last night after our argument. 

When I woke I moved nearer to her but she had flown. 

Today I felt sure I would find out what happened to my twin brother Eric. The historian of the family, the swot, the gentle academic. 

Confirmation came all too soon as I came out of the bathroom when the telephone trilled.

“Hello, room 21”
 
Come to the meeting and hear what happens next ...

 





No comments:

Post a Comment